The LRF supply of PPE can be used for the following organisations as per the Government COVID-19 PPE Plan:
- Adult Social Care (care homes, personal assistants, homecare)
- Children’s home
- General Practitioners (GPs)
- Secure Children’s home
- Residential Special School
- HM Courts
- Funeral services
- Local Authority (Children's Social Care)
- Local Authority (Adult Social Care)
- Mental Health Community Services/Adult Social Workers
- Hospices and Palliative Care
- Primary Care
- Local Pharmacists
- Emergency Dentists
The LRF are unable to support non urgent dental practices for PPE. If you need PPE support, please use the following email address; email@example.com or see Dentists Resuming Services at the bottom of the page.
The correct mechanism for all of the above to obtain PPE replenishment is:
- Demand using normal Business as Usual processes (stock is being released to commercial suppliers).
if unavailable then
2. Contact LRF for support from LRF stockpile
and then if unavailable
3. Contact National Supply Distribution Response (NSDR) and request emergency issue of PPE.
In summary, the LRF PPE stock can be used by those services listed above (including Primary Care) when they have exhausted their normal supply chain and require an urgent reply of PPE and if the LRF stockpile is exhausted, then the NSDR should be engaged.